Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Things that make me smile

I love making Moon Buns, but sometimes I'm so close to my art that I get sick of it. I think, "If I make one more dang bunny, they are going to cart me off to a looney home." I wonder, who cares about these bunnies? What good are bunnies doing for the world?

It's times when I'm at my lowest, that I need a smile the most. A reason to keep at it. Thankfully, there are wonderful pick-me-up photos like this one of little Mary:


Have you ever seen such a cute little girl? I don't think so. This photo reminds me why I keep working on my art; to put a smile on other's faces.


Right, Mary?

Mary is the daughter of the amazing and inspirational artist RaggyRat.

5 comments:

Raggy Rat said...

omg, ya killed me with cute, who is that adorable lil girl?
awwww, thanks moons, what a great post xxxx cat xxxx no bias, of course !

Unknown said...

I love your little girls! I couldn't help myself and looked through the entire set. They're all so beautiful. You're a wonderful mommy!

Stephanie said...

I've recently been feeling the same way about my Etsy shop (if I make one more of these....) How do you keep it up? I'm feeling a little down about it all.

Unknown said...

Stephanie, what makes me keep working is exactly this. Photos of people enjoying my art. It reinvigorates me. I want to make more people smile. :)

Rena Jones said...

Oh, she's beautiful! Love that smile!