Thursday, October 26, 2017

31 Amigurumi in October: Day 26


Ok, let's be real here. By the time I have sketched out about 28 Pokemon as bunnies for the 31 Amigurumi in October series, my well of inspiration begins to run dry. I've found walking away and coming back tends to clear my head and this is one of those dolls I thought of, Exeggutor!

You see last year at Magfest, I had two customers who were dressed as Exeggutors! They had attached photos of their faces on either side of their heads and let me say it was brilliant. It got me to thinking about a little Moon Bun dressed up as an Exeggutor and how they would do something very similar.

(Guess what, Exeggutor is totally inspired by the yokai, Jinmenju. It's another import from Chinese Mythology.)


Today's  prompt for the October Create a Day is "eyeballs." When I read this I knew I wanted to make a Moon Bun with spectacularly beautiful eyes. I've been following Monsterumi on Instagram for a while and her dolls always feature such stunning eyes, so I contacted her and asked if she didn't mind pointing me in the direction of her supplier.

SHOCKER!! She makes her own eyes! So of course I beg her to please make me a custom pair of eyes and she was so sweet, she allowed me to choose not one pair, but 5 pairs. I still have 3 pairs left and I know just what I'm going to do with them! heh heh!

Anyway, this is my Eyeballs Moon Bun! And thanks to Monsterumi, the eyeballs really make this doll.


Available at Moon's Creations.

No comments: