Friday, May 31, 2013

The Dog and the Sparrow

Welcome to a month of Fairy Tales! We've finally reached the end of the series and this one is on a slightly personal note. I hope you've enjoyed all the designs as much as I enjoyed creating them for you.

"The Dog and the Sparrow" is a story by the Brothers Grimm. It is the story of a dog who mistreated by his owner and runs away. A Sparrow takes care of the dog, until the dog is killed when a cart runs him over. The Sparrow takes revenge on the waggoner who killed his dog.  Read the full tale here.

This story struck me, as I donate a lot of time to a local border collie rescue, which is why I chose a border collie as the dog's breed. My two beloved dogs were in abusive situations and rescued through this group. The purchase price of this set will be donated to the Blue Ridge Border Collie Rescue.

Available at Moon's Creations.

No comments: