Monday, April 21, 2008

Storybook and Fairytale Project with the PlushTeam!

Over at the Plush Team, we're working on a wonderful idea, by creating designs based on a partner's favorite storybook or fairytale.

Let me just say, I'm in love with this project! Not only is it because I helped plan it, but fairy stories are one of my most favorite things. I took numerous classes in college covering fairy tales, so this project is so wonderful I could dance. *kicks heels up*

My partner is the very talented voododoll (her shop is here: http://www.voododoll.etsy.com

She was so sweet to let me choose from 3 story books:
1 The Tinder-Box
2 The Beast in the bathtub
3 Alice in Wonderland

If you know me, you'll know I'm an Alice freak (to the point that this name is near my top for daughters), so I was immediately tempted by this choice. However I also soon realized my mind was abuzz with making every character from both books. Although I'd love to do this in the future and probably will, I couldn't commit to making the entire set at this time.

So my choice is The Tinder-Box!
I love this story by Hans Christian Andersen and the story is full of beautiful imagery.

I've still got lots of work to clear off my plate first, but I'll be updating soon on my progress! In the mean time, keep crafty!

Edited to Add: Here's a wonderful site containing the story for those of you not familiar with The Tinder-Box.

No comments: