Thursday, July 2, 2009

Things that make me smile

Fireworks#1 by Camera_Slayer

A long time ago, when I was still living in Maryland, my husband, then fiance, and I decided to visit my sister and her family in the Shenandoah valley over the 4th of July weekend.

She told us there was a wonderful spot to watch the fireworks, so we packed up a dinner and picnicked by a field, waiting for the show to start. We waited and waited and waited.

Finally a man driving by said there would be no fireworks that day. We all packed up and went home.

The thing is, I didn't mind not seeing fireworks. Just enjoying family and making a memory of the time I went to watch a barren field was enough to make me a smile.


Happy Fourth of July!
I hope you make wonderful memories that will fill you with smiles in the future.




1 comment:

Carl said...

Yay! I like fireworks too!
So many colors! =)