Friday, October 8, 2010

31 Amigurumi in October - October 8


The Hitotsume-Kozo, or One-Eyed Youngster, usually appears as a bald-headed youth dressed as a Buddhist monk, with a face dominated by one huge eye. Like many obakemono who are mostly human in appearance, the Hitsotsume-Kozo enjoys frightening people with it's appearance and mocking them.

It's said the Hitotsume-Kozo can be repelled by hanging baskets in the doorway. When it see the basket's many holes, which it perceives to be eyes, the Hitotsume-kozo runs away, ashamed of its single eye.

1 comment:

jun said...

this yokai moon buns are so cool. they remind me of scary stories I heard or read when I was little and made me feel a bit nostalgic:)

Just wanted to tell you that I linked to your blog in my blog post today.

I look forward to the rest of the yokai too.